Making the change to healthy vending machines has led to higher test scores and the same commission as junk food machines.
|To Principal Jon Wolf of Orchard Park High School in Orchard Park, NY, creating a healthy environment for his students was always a top priority. He wanted to make a commitment to providing healthier choices in the school’s vending machines, but didn’t want to see it be a tremendous drop off in funding.
Jon made the decision to install HUMAN Healthy Vending machines in his school, and was instantly pleased with the results. “There was a buzz when it first started because [the machines] were new and the kids were into it…it’s been well-received by the students. The students were thanking us in the beginning for putting those things in there and making them accessible,” said Wolf.
More than ten weeks after implementing a healthy vending program in Orchard Park High School, Principal Wolf hasn’t seen a drop in funding. The students love the machine and it serves as an attractive
|addition to the school.
HUMAN Healthy Vending machines come equipped with 23″ digital LCD screens that display nutritional and product information. It encourages students to see the benefits of the snacks they are putting in their mouths, and even may encourage them to read food labels.
Wolf commented, “It’s kind of cutting edge, which appeals to kids because it’s high tech, and they like that.”Not only have the new healthy vending machines brought in consistent revenue, they offer an important message. Having these machines in school falls in line with the values of health and nutrition that schools teach themselves. “It sends the right message to the kids and the parents that we care about what we’re feeding our kids,” said Wolf.
So, kick those junk food vending machines to the curb and KEEP your existing commissions. With healthy vending, it’s a win-win.
We are HUMAN Healthy Vending, a nationwide healthy vending company that works in conjunction with the White House’s “Let’s Move Campaign” to help fight childhood obesity. Our program is entirely free and your school earns commission on the sale of the products. With our massive healthy & tasty product selection, you’ll find your students performing better and acting out less.
Matt Antignolo, Tomball High School Director – Student Nutrition:
Tommy Johnson, Oak Ridge High School Principal:
Dr. Chris Lineberry, Florence Virtual Academy school Principal:
Buffalo Bills Safety and HUMAN Healthy Vending Partner Operator, Jon Corto:
Now that’s just what administrators think…look at what kids’ reactions are:
This video was taken at a North Carolina middle school. As you can see, the students love it!
Already have a vending contract with another vending company? No problem, this does not disqualify you from receiving free healthy vending machines in your school. Here’s how:
1. 30 Day Clause – Many vending contracts have a “30 day written notice” clause that allows schools to get out of a vending contract if they provide a written notice 30 days in advance.
2. Non-Competitive Products – Many vending contracts don’t allow other vending companies to offer competing products. The HUMAN Healthy Vending program, however, has thousands of products that don’t compete with standard vending products.
3. Unsatisfactory Service – Is your machine stocked out on a consistent basis? Having trouble getting your vending operator to place the products you want? You can get out of a vending contract by claiming unsatisfactory service.
4. Not Meeting Nutritional Guidelines – Don’t get burned by an audit and find out that your vending operator is stocking unapproved foods at your school. Many states are enforcing stricter nutritional guidelines in school, and HUMAN meets every nutritional requirement out there.
5. Out-of-Date Technology - A lot of times, big name vending companies will promise advanced technology, such as credit card readers. Our machines come equipped with state-of-the-art vending technology–HUMAN machines can even read student ID’s!
Click here to read the entire Entrepreneur article.
Here is a small sample of government-mandated guidelines we’ve met at schools across the country:
Healthy Choices for Healthy Children Act, (SB-210 – Ohio), School Junk Food Ban (SB-12 – California), Texas State Nutritional Standards, Alliance for Healthier Generation, Boulder Valley School District Guidelines, Clark County School District Guidelines
Here are some product guidelines we’ve met:
Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Peanut Free, Kosher
Are your state’s guidelines not on this list? We can comply with any and all nutritional guidelines!
Click here for a complete School Product Catalog! Thousands of HUMAN-approved, tasty & healthy products that your students will love.
1. HUMAN works directly with you to determine your school’s customized product mix and on-machine digital content. Only healthy, tasty, and student- tested products are offered.
2. HUMAN works with your administration, student groups, and nutrition team to kick-off a wellness & marketing campaign centered around the launch (inside your school & in the community)
3. Your expert HUMAN vending operator installs your machines, orders & stocks the healthy, tasty products, & kicks-off your program with a bang!
4. Your school receives commissions on all product sales and digital advertising revenue generated by the machines.
5. Your students become healthier, happier & better performing & your school earns $$!
HUMAN Healthy Vending machines are in 35 states and 4 countries across the globe.
“Hello, I am h.u.m.a.n.” When our machines introduce themselves, it’s clear that they’re NOT your typical vendors. Like humans, our vending machines are smart, innovative & have been designed to hold position at the top of the food chain.
HUMAN machines were created to accomplish three primary goals:
- Increase revenues & profits for vending operators & sales commissions for locations.
- Make operating, maintaining, & stocking the machines easier while making consumer interaction more enjoyable.
- Create happy, healthy & loyal customers (parents and students especially!)
Students are picky! Taste AND nutrition matter when it comes to creating a successful vending program at your school. If it’s healthy, tasty, and people want it, we likely have it. And at the lowest price, too. If we don’t, we can easily get it.
And remember, we can meet ANY product-mix demand such as 100% organic, government/school mandates, etc.
Experience. After 8+ years of taste- test research, we know what healthy products sell in school vending machines & which don’t. Our program is successful because students love the products we offer.
Selection. With over 5,000 foods & drinks in our catalog, we offer a larger healthy vending product selection than anyone. Students love the products we offer.
Expertise. With a biomedical engineer as our founder & a health advisory board of certified nutritionists, medical doctors, & registered dieticians, we know health.
Customization. Different products work better for different schools. We can also meet any dietary guidelines you need to meet, including SB-12, SB-19, kosher, allergen-free, 100% organic, all-natural…whatever you need, we’ll customize a unique product mix of snacks & drinks to meet your students’ dietary needs.
Pricing. You receive the best prices thanks to our relationships with the nation’s largest natural, organic & sports nutrition distributors. We cut-out the middlemen to save you & your students money.
Guidance. Our digital LCD screen provides product & nutritional info to guide students in making smart purchasing decisions
Bars. Granola bars, energy bars, protein bars, fruit bars, meal replacement bars, low-carb bars, specific diet bars, organic bars, etc.
Snacks. Dried fruit, trail mix, granola, natural pita chips, kettle corn, assorted nuts, natural meat jerky, vegetarian snacks, healthy crackers & chips, organic cookies, etc.
Beverages. Organic juices, flavored waters, premium waters, enhanced sports beverages, protein shakes, natural energy drinks, all-natural sodas, soy milk, organic smoothies, kids juices, fitness drinks, organic coffees, etc.
Supplements. Immune boosters, multi-vitamin packs, protein powders, electrolyte gels & gummies, meal replacement packs, etc.
Fresh & Hot Foods. List varies, please inquire.